Saturday, March 10, 2012

Robert Henri

I have about 100 quotes already from reading The Art Spirit by: Robert Henri. Who was the teacher of theeee fanstastic Minerva Teichert.

I cant say I have a favourite quote but this one just suits today, it suits all of the chaos that is currently my life.
 Here it goes.

"The fun of living is that we have to make ourselves, after all."

As an artist, I am constantly attempting to make art, focusing on each brushstroke or makig sure my prints are cleans and straight and beautiful. But I dont know if I am really building up myself with much care.
I wish I would, I wish everyone would. To take care and thought and ponder about who we are becoming. That would be nice!

So thanks Robert Henri!! I sure love this book!



Minerva Teichert

No comments:

Post a Comment